DWFC’s Fall 2022 community outreach was helping US Vets.
September 27th General Meeting and Reception
September 28th Community Outreach
Hotel Accommodations: None will be provided
General and Committee Meetings 8:00 am to 5pm
Breakfast – Tropicana Trinidad 5, 7:30am 9am
Meeting – Tropicana Trinidad 4, 8am to 5pm
Evening reception – Tropicana Trinidad 5, 5pm to 7pm
Community Outreach – TBD
If anything changes, an update will be sent. We are working on a video option as well.
More to come!
Clean the World Foundation is a global health organization founded in 2009 and is committed to improving the quality of life for vulnerable communities around the world. They provide sustainable resources, programming, and education focused on water, sanitation, and hygiene for all those affected by poverty, homelessness, and humanitarian or natural crises.
By distributing bars of soap to over 127 countries around the world, Clean the World is able to help with hygiene education while keeping items out of the nation’s landfills.
The Drywall Finishing Council was proud to work with Clean the World again in Las Vegas.
Clean the World was founded in 2009 and currently has offices in Orlando, Las Vegas and Hong Kong.
Their mission is to collect and recycle soap and hygiene products discarded by hotels and other sectors for distribution to people in need around the world.
Members of the DWFC had the honor of sorting over 1.5 tons of used soaps, shampoo and conditioner bottles, body wash containers to aid in the relief efforts of recent hurricane victims and those in need abroad.
Check out the recent publication added to the library.
Controlling Silica Exposures in Construction (OSHA) is a guidance document addresses the control of employee exposures to respirable dust containing crystalline silica, which is known to cause silicosis, a serious lung disease, as well as increase the risk of lung cancer and other systemic diseases. This document provides information on the effectiveness of various engineering control approaches for several kinds of construction operations and equipment, and contains recommendations for work practices and respiratory protection, as appropriate.
Slideshow will advance automatically or you can click the image showing to move to to the next photo.
DRYWALL FINISHING COUNCIL JOINS FORCES WITH HABITAT FOR HUMANITY
TO DONATE 100 HOURS OF LABOR AND MATERIALS IN LAS VEGAS
Nearly 30 individuals and companies donated funds and expertise to help construct new ReStore
Las Vegas, NV-October 2, 2013- Nearly 30 individuals and companies, donated materials, labor and industry knowledge to Habitat for Humanity Las Vegas, following the DWFC (Drywall Finishing Council) Fall Meeting, which took place on October 1.
This project originated from DWFC members expressing a desire to positively impact Southern Nevada while visiting the city during their conference. While searching for a charity partner, the group enthusiastically chose Habitat for Humanity Las Vegas for their universally recognized mission of providing simple, decent, affordable homes to deserving low-income families in need. Fortunately, the DWFC Fall meeting coincided with Habitat’s current renovations, already underway, to build out and relocate their administrative offices and new ReStore.
Click this link to read the full press release: http://dwfc.org/download/DWFC_Habitat_for_Humanity_Event_Press_Release.pdf
Exciting news! On October 2, the day immediately following the DWFC Fall Meeting in Las Vegas, members are invited to participate in the first DWFC-Habitat for Humanity Event, Las Vegas Chapter. You can participate in a number of different ways, have lots of fun, and make a real difference for a great cause!
- Volunteer time/labor (especially our FCA, NWCB, WCB & TSIB Honorary members!): First, you can donate your time, labor and talent, on Wednesday, October 2, at a Habitat for Humanity project (location TBD). If you have the ability to install and/or finish drywall, your help will be greatly appreciated! Those willing to provide labor carrying drywall and supplies into the home are needed as well!
- Material Donation: If you work for a product manufacturer, we would like to encourage you to consider a donation of material. Our goal is to get donations that can be used on many future projects, as well as the home on which DWFC members work during this event. This is an opportunity for our organization to extend our reach far beyond just this one project and have a positive impact on the many deserving families served by the Las Vegas chapter of Habitat for Humanity.
- Both: Donate your time/labor and material!
- T-Shirts: Habitat for Humanity/DWFC t-shirts for all participants for jobsite volunteers and material donations/photo op. (TBD if this can be done in a cost effective way)
- Photo Op: The Habitat chapter has a warehouse for stocking materials and we will have a photo opportunity on Tuesday, October 1, immediately following the General Meeting. All manufacturers who donate material will be recognized on a poster (to be displayed in picture) and the group will be surrounded by donated products. We invite representatives of the companies donating material to be in these pictures. In addition to a press release on the DWFC website, Habitat for Humanity will be promoting this event in the press as well.
***Important*** (Please follow this link http://dwfc.org/habitat-for-humanity, to volunteer and/or donate material NO LATER THAN End of Business, 9/18/13)
- Gypsum Board per member donation: 2 lifts of ½ 4ftx12ft gypsum board
- Joint Compound per member donation: 1 pallet (either ready mixed and/or setting type)
- Corner Reinforcement Trip per member donation: 4 cartons
Shipping Instructions for Donated Material:
**Please ship donated material to the Las Vegas Habitat for Humanity Warehouse**
4580 West Sahara Ave, Suite 120
Las Vegas, NV 89102
Note: This warehouse is not always staffed so it will be necessary for an email to be sent, 24 hours in advance, copying email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org, with requested delivery time during normal business hours.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to email me at email@example.com.