DWFC’s Fall 2022 community outreach was helping US Vets.
Drywall Finishing Council To Work With Habitat For Humanity @ 2013 Fall Meeting
Exciting news! On October 2, the day immediately following the DWFC Fall Meeting in Las Vegas, members are invited to participate in the first DWFC-Habitat for Humanity Event, Las Vegas Chapter. You can participate in a number of different ways, have lots of fun, and make a real difference for a great cause!
- Volunteer time/labor (especially our FCA, NWCB, WCB & TSIB Honorary members!): First, you can donate your time, labor and talent, on Wednesday, October 2, at a Habitat for Humanity project (location TBD). If you have the ability to install and/or finish drywall, your help will be greatly appreciated! Those willing to provide labor carrying drywall and supplies into the home are needed as well!
- Material Donation: If you work for a product manufacturer, we would like to encourage you to consider a donation of material. Our goal is to get donations that can be used on many future projects, as well as the home on which DWFC members work during this event. This is an opportunity for our organization to extend our reach far beyond just this one project and have a positive impact on the many deserving families served by the Las Vegas chapter of Habitat for Humanity.
- Both: Donate your time/labor and material!
- T-Shirts: Habitat for Humanity/DWFC t-shirts for all participants for jobsite volunteers and material donations/photo op. (TBD if this can be done in a cost effective way)
- Photo Op: The Habitat chapter has a warehouse for stocking materials and we will have a photo opportunity on Tuesday, October 1, immediately following the General Meeting. All manufacturers who donate material will be recognized on a poster (to be displayed in picture) and the group will be surrounded by donated products. We invite representatives of the companies donating material to be in these pictures. In addition to a press release on the DWFC website, Habitat for Humanity will be promoting this event in the press as well.
***Important*** (Please follow this link http://dwfc.org/habitat-for-humanity, to volunteer and/or donate material NO LATER THAN End of Business, 9/18/13)
- Gypsum Board per member donation: 2 lifts of ½ 4ftx12ft gypsum board
- Joint Compound per member donation: 1 pallet (either ready mixed and/or setting type)
- Corner Reinforcement Trip per member donation: 4 cartons
Shipping Instructions for Donated Material:
**Please ship donated material to the Las Vegas Habitat for Humanity Warehouse**
4580 West Sahara Ave, Suite 120
Las Vegas, NV 89102
Note: This warehouse is not always staffed so it will be necessary for an email to be sent, 24 hours in advance, copying email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org, with requested delivery time during normal business hours.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to email me at email@example.com.