- The Council was founded in 1992 as a small group of similarly committed manufacturers of drywall finishing products. All founders were concerned with the lack of industry standards in specifications and application procedures.
- The Drywall Finishing Council has continued meeting annually ever since. In 1996, the Council recognized that many of the projects and issues they face required greater attention and now convenes twice a year. The Spring meeting is held at the annual AWCI/INTEX Expo. The Fall meeting is typically scheduled in late September or early October.
- Members of the council represent not only their own companies but also the entire industry.
- Technical papers addressing industry issues are produced with input and discussion by all members of the Drywall Finishing Council. All papers are distributed solely through our webpage.
- The Council follows Parliamentary procedures, requiring that a quorum be present in order to vote on and accept the previous meeting’s minutes.
- Meeting schedule information is available on our website under “Recent News”, providing location, date, time, and agenda. Meetings provide all members an opportunity to participate in industry discussions. Meeting minutes are reviewed and approved, followed by the various Council committee reports. Committee meetings are held following the general session.